Since the beginning of 2011 in our small 11-room, 43-bed Shelter:
- A total of 1,041 individuals and family members were safely sheltered.
- From the 1,041 total, an un-duplicated total of 867 individuals and family members.
- 203 (24%) of the 867 un-duplicated total were children of parents or guardians.
- Over 48,800 bed nights were provided, meaning one person in one bed for one night that many times.
- Over 3/4 (83%) of Shelter residents were native Mainers.
- Over 2/3 (69%) of Shelter residents were native to Aroostook County.
- 7% (54) were military veterans.
- Over 140,000 meals were provided to Shelter residents.
- The average length of stay for our Shelter residents was 47 days.
- The top 5 Aroostook County municipalities number of citizens served were (in order) Presque Isle, Caribou, Fort Fairfield,
Houlton, and Mars Hill.