Over the last 4 years in our small 43 bed Shelter:
- 718 individuals and family members stayed with us.
- For every person we were able to help, we had to turn away between 3 to 4 people to keep the Shelter safe for the women and especially the children residents.
- 180 of the total were children of parents or guardians. Yes, you read that correctly. 180 children called the Shelter home for a season over the last 4 years.
- Over 32,100 bed nights, meaning one person in one bed for one night that many times.
- Over 82% of Shelter residents were Mainers.
- Over 74% of Shelter residents were native to Aroostook County.
- 25% of all Shelter residents were under 18 years old.
- 25% of all Shelter residents fall into the 18-24 year old age bracket.
- 37% of all Shelter residents fall into the 25-45 year old age bracket.
- 55% of all Shelter residents are male and 45% female.
- 9% were military veterans.
- Over 96,300 meals were provided to Shelter residents.
- The top 5 Aroostook County municipalities number of citizens served were (in order) Presque Isle, Caribou, Houlton, Fort Fairfield, and Mars Hill.